Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Layer up


I've discovered the secret to keeping warm in Korea. 

Layer up, and layer lots (more than you think!). Seriously though, I end up wearing four layers (not including a jacket) if I really want to stay warm (bonus, four layers means I don't even really need a jacket). Light layers is the way to go so that nothing is bulky - everything underneath my sweater is super thin cotton or viscose. Looser clothing also works better at retaining the heat. A cotton tank, viscose blouse, long vest and a sweater to top it all off. On colder days, tights or leggings underneath jeans is a must as well. 
While, I've had to wear leggings under jeans before in Canada, I've never really used more than two layers on my upper body. I recently had an open class though, and in the midst of  my "I need to dress professionally but my school is an icebox" dilemma at 6 am, I decided to freeze and throw on my go-to business outfit with a tank underneath, as the blouse is a bit low-cut for Korean standards. Given the 0 degree mornings, I decided a could easily throw on my favourite sweater and just take it off when the time came for open class. At least I'd be a little warmer. And you know what, I wasn't a little warmer. I was a lot warmer. Like, no jacket needed in the icebox warm.


The combination only seems to work with the added blazer - I don't stay warm with just a blouse and sweater. The great thing is, the blazer just peaks out of my sweater to give a nice bit of colour. Longer vests or even chiffon trenches are also great to layer underneath sweaters as I'm finding out. They look great, and go with the loose, flowing aesthetic I seem to love so much. Now, to pick some up in every colour.

Sweater: Zara (similar here)
Vest: Forever21
Boyfriend Jeans: Gap
Purse: Botkier
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini (old, similar here)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics