Saturday, December 19, 2015

Etude House - Snowy Dessert Collection Review

Etude House, Snow Dessert, review, korean beauty, korean makeup, play 101 pencils

Hi everyone! I have some exciting news to share with you! I've been chosen to participate in Etude House's international blogger program! Etude House makes some of the best Korean roadshop makeup products I've tried (you can read my reviews on their primer and lip tint), and since arriving in Korea, it's been my go-to shop for makeup. 

This month, Etude House sent me a few pieces from their Snowy Dessert Christmas collection to test and review, as well as their new Honey Cera collection. Unfortunately, the blush they sent shattered during transportation (despite the bubble wrap and paper fluff in the box), but everything else arrived intact and ready to experiment with. Etude House also sent a mini magazine full of makeup and skincare tips, and a guide to the best desserts in Seoul (so you can see, I'm excited).

Let's get started shall we?!

Etude House, Snow Dessert, review, korean beauty, korean makeup, play 101 pencils
A full look using the Etude House Snowy Dessert collection. It's a bit washed out from the bright sun, but you can see a bit of pink on the eyes, and the pudding tint in a sheer wash on my lips. You can also see another full (more natural look) in my last post.
I'll start off with my favourite product – the Snowy Dessert Pudding Tint in grapefruit. I love a good lip product, and this hits all the sweet spots. Great pigmentation, long lasting, low transfer (it is a tint after all), and non-drying. My only complaint? Like a lot of lip products, it'll accentuate any dry flakes you have, so make sure to exfoliate first!

Etude House, Snow Dessert, review, korean beauty, korean makeup, play 101 pencils, swatches, pudding tint, lip tint

Etude House, Snow Dessert, review, korean beauty, korean makeup, play 101 pencils, swatches, pudding tint, lip tint
The pudding tint comes in four colours and one clear finish. They're super soft, and come with a spatula to help pickup and spread the product on your lips (but fingers work just as well)! While the spatula is great for controlling the amount of product you apply (I use it a lot if I only want a more natural but bright lip, or if I'm doing gradient lips), fingers are the way to go if you want the full pigmentation in the least amount of time. You can dab what's left on your cheeks as well for a healthy flush.

Etude House, Snow Dessert, review, korean beauty, korean makeup, play 101 pencils, swatches, pudding tint, lip tint, play 101 pencils
Play 101 pencils in #71 and #73, Pudding Tint in grapefruit

There were two Play 101 pencils included as well – I received the colours 71 and 73, both shimmering colours.



#71 is a gorgeous pink with gold shimmer. Think a pinker version of Nars Orgasm for your eyes. I've been wearing it everyday for a wash of colour on my lids and my co-workers love it. It's long-wearing, and doesn't budge once it's set.

Etude House, Snow Dessert, review, korean beauty, korean makeup, play 101 pencils, swatches, play 101 eye pencil #71, play 101 eye pencil #73
#71 is on the left, and #73 on the right. You can see #73 is really close to my skin colour.

#73 is a light beige with shimmer. It's perfect as an all over base on the eyes, as well as to highlight the inner corners and "aegyo-sal" (that little fat pocket under your lower lashline. It's popular to apply shimmer on it here in Korea for a doe-eyed effect). This one doesn't show up on my skin too well (it's literally the same colour as me, except shimmery), so it provides the most subtle of highlights. I do like to use it to add a little bit of shimmer over other colours on the centre of my lid though., as well as to brighten my waterline. It's also great to add a subtle highlight on the cupids bow, since the pencil is so precise. Like #71, it's long-wearing and doesn't move around even after a long day (and on an oily lash-line).

Etude House, Snow Dessert, review, korean beauty, korean makeup, play 101 pencils, swatches, ginger cookie blusher, winter makeup

Finally the ginger cookie blush. Ah, this is a sad tale. Etude House packed everything really well. The blush came in bubble wrap, in a box filled with paper tinsel. But apparently Korea Post is just as rough as Canada Post, and the blush was shattered when I opened it. It's so cute too! The blush is separated into two parts – a pastel coral (which works well as a highlighter), and a more burnt orangey gingerbread man. Swirled together, the two colours provide the most gorgeous warm winter flush. It's like summer for your face! My only complaint is that it fades after about four hours or so. It does seem to fade less quickly if I don't apply foundation  (mine is fairly dewy as I have dryer skin, so matte foundations may work better with this blush).

Etude House, Snow Dessert, review, korean beauty, korean makeup, play 101 pencils, swatches, play 101 eye pencil #71, play 101 eye pencil #73
Top highlighter on the left, bottom orange on the right)

You can find everything on Etude Houses's global shopping mall.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics