Monday, September 1, 2014

Pure Heals Propolis 80 Cream Review


The Pure Heals Propolis 80 Cream is the match to their 90 Ampoule.

The cream contains 80 per cent propolis extract, an ingredient with amazing anti-inflammatory properties, as well as being antibacterial and anti-microbial. This cream is also meant to give you "honey skin," ie. a new term in Korea for dewy skin, as your skin will shine like honey.



The Pure Heals Propolis 80 Cream is a basic cream which will moisturize combination to oily skin, and even dryer skin types (if you're severely dry, you might need something with more oil content). The gel-like consistency is great for the summer, but my dehydrated skin might need something a bit more moisturizing come winter. We'll see.

I didn't see the same outstanding effects of the ampoule in terms of my hyperpigmentation, nor did it speed up the healing and lightening process when used in conjunction with the serum. I don't think this necessarily has much to do with the cream itself – ampoules are made so that they can be absorbed deeper into the skin, where as a cream is more so to seal the goodness of serums in. Therefore, and ampoule or serum will always be more effective than a cream alone.

This cream is very lightweight on my dehydrated, combination skin. It's gel based, and feels very watery. When I first started to use this, I didn't like it very much, but after a bit of experimentation, I actually do love it, especially for the summer. At first, I found this cream didn't absorb well, and instead just felt heavy and sat on top of my skin rather than sinking in. Back then, I was applying this by taking a pea sized amount (or a bit more) and just smearing it all over my face and neck right away. Yea, that doesn't work well. What you need to do is either rub this into your hands a bit, or dot the cream all over your face before you start to spread it around. This allows the cream to "melt" ever so slightly, and suddenly applying it becomes a dream! By applying it this way, the cream actually turns into a much more watery consistency which feels refreshing and very hydrating. Since I've discovered this, I've fallen in love with the Pure Heals Propolis Cream. Another tip is to make sure your skin has been prepped for serums and moisturizers. I use a moisturizing gel toner, which I've also noticed has made a significant difference in the application of this moisturizer.

If you want the dewy Korean skin look, I highly recommend this product. The cream itself is quite moisturizing, but it also leaves that glowing, shiny finish I love so much. I don't normally get this effect unless I use a facial oil, so I was quite impressed that it lived up to it's advertising.

While the jar container isn't the most hygienic, it does come with a little spatula to scoop the cream out, so I didn't have any issues with the packaging. Just make sure to wash the spatula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics