Friday, December 20, 2013

Cozy

sweater, gap, j brand, enzo angiolini, zara, french chic

A knit is all you need for winter, and I'm obsessed with them this year. I feel like knit pieces automatically give you that cozy feel I love when the weather gets cold, bonus points if they hang and drape nicely (I have a really hard time finding ones that do).

I'm also super picky about the materials my clothing are made of. I'm not a fan of polyester or acrylic at all, and try to stay away from them as much as possible (all though natural materials blended with them are fine by me, as long as it's more natural than plastic). The unfortunate part — all those 100% acrylic sweaters are super soft and seem to drape and flow better than natural fibres. To me, acrylic means plastic, and that means that after a few washes, that softness goes away and it starts to feel a bit plastic-y. I have heard that some acrylic knits don't do this, and are actually good quality. Does anyone know about this, or am I doomed to cashmere if I want anything to drape well?

sweater, gap, j brand, enzo angiolini, zara, french chic
I love the bright pop of colour these shoes add to an otherwise neutral outfit. Such a statement shoe!

Super skinny jeans and a stiletto heel (seriously, I got stuck the heel on these stuck in between the grooves of an escalator once) are the epitome of French chic to me. Not to mention a super easy outfit to through together.

sweater, gap, j brand, enzo angiolini, zara, french chic

sweater, gap, j brand, enzo angiolini, zara, french chic
Oversized jackets are perfect to drape over your shoulders and layer with. They also epitomize French street style for me.

Jacket: Zara (similar here)
Top: Gap
Bottoms: J Brand (old) (similar here)
Accessories: Aldo and H&M rings

Linked up with - DCInstyle - Everyday Fashion and Finance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics