Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Lace Skirt

I love my lace, and this skirt is no exception. It's an oldie but a goodie from H&M, and with the summer heat setting in, being worn far more often than before.

I almost always take this Pashli look alike to work with me. It fits my laptop perfectly, and even my DSLR, plus lunch. Unfortunately, I've jammed it full too many times, and it's starting to lose the structure it once had.



I think H&M, while being "fast fashion" makes some of the nicest lace pieces I've seen. Surprisingly, this was from the Divided line, which I find to be young and cheap looking. However, there have been nice lace pieces from the regular lines as well, especially this dress and top from the 2014 Conscious collection (take a look at the rest of the collection on Cocorosa's blog). I was so sad I never found it in stores here.

I styled the skirt with a simple tank top (from the H&M collaboration with Isabel Marant) for an easy summer look to take me from the office to an evening out. While didn't actually end up going out as tentative plans were made and then cancelled, I did decide to don a pair of bright wedges and take some photos. My favourite outfits are simple like this, where the details can stand out. In this case, I'm in love with the print of the tank top, which reminds me of a stream, and the lace on the skirt.

H&M x Isabel Marant top (old)(similar here, adore this)
H&M skirt (old)(Similar here and here)
Barbie wedges (old)(similar here)
Danier purse (old)(Philip Lim version)
Michael Kors watch

Linked up with - The Pleated Poppy - Simply Just Lovely - Transatlantic Blonde - I Feel Pretty - Penniless Socialite -

17 comments:

  1. Really pretty skirt. Sometimes you just have those pieces in your closet that last forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pairing with the lace skirt! Argh, i hate it when my bags get all disfigured after wear!
    Thanks for stopping by my page! xoxo,miriam


    www.simplyxclassic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lace and this skirt is no exception! I am also drooling over your purse- gorgeous!

    Lindsey
    Thrift and Shout

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you style this lace skirt! Thanks for checking out my blog!
    http://suckerscloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute lace skirt, ver girly,

    xo!

    http://www.calluswhatever.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that lace skirt! It's so whimsical!


    www.thestyleboro.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skirt and bag!!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that skirt! And those shoes are amazing!

    -Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the romantic look of that skirt! Despite H&M's fast fashioness, you're right - they make some really nice stuff. I also should look into getting a bag that fits my DSLR, that sounds nifty.

    http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this is so lovely and feminine! That is one beautiful skirt indeed :)


    - Mai
    www.socapricious.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute lace skirt and I love your sandals as well!
    Nice outfit!!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved how you styled this skirt! Beautiful pictures!
    xoxo Cara
    www.mylifeandmywardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, I love a great lace skirt. Beautiful look on you!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely Outfit ....the skirt is amazing cute .....like also the vest ....a cool touch <3
    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing combo, the skirt and shoes are so wonderful. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  16. you certainly have great taste--another very fine outfit, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics