Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sundresses and Sunday Baking


I couldn't ignore the beautiful weather earlier in the afternoon. Sun was shining, birds were singing, etc, etc. It's been a hectic weekend for me, as I had two parties to attend and bake for Saturday night, along with brunch this morning.

 What better way to celebrate the nice weather than in a sundress? They're super easy to just slip on and go, like an automatic I look nice and know it outfit. Perfect for busy days and weekends.

 I adore this hat. It was a gift from a friend, who thought it would compliment my girlier style perfectly. Needless to say, she was definitely right.
These are actually grape vines growing along my deck. The grapes themselves are meant for wine (they're super tiny with a ton of seeds), but my family uses them to make jelly. They make the best grape jelly ever (considering I won't eat grape jelly from the store - homemade only!).


 I baked kremes the other day for the first party I attended. It's a traditional Hungarian dessert I've just learned to make this summer, and since my friend is Hungarian, how better to celebrate his birthday. If you want to see the finished product, I've posted it plenty of times on Instagram (@ahrieru) since I've first made it.

 The second party received chocolate chip cookies. I prefer mine soft and chewy, and thankfully, so do most of my friends. I have no idea how to make harder (crunchier?) ones.

 Sundresses are also super easy to bake in and the perfect way to keep cool when you're by a hot oven.

Et voila!

Forever21 dress
H&M hat (similar here)
Franco Sarto wedges (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics