Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Want a V-Line? Try the Face Shop's Sharp Face Modelling Gel Patch

The Face Shop, Sharp Modelling Gel Patch, slimmer face, slimming patch, skincare, korean skincare, beauty

The Face Shop has officially opened in Calgary at Chinook Centre, and needless to say, I was there the minute they opened their doors. Okay, not quite, as I had to work, but I was there right after my day ended! Any one of my friends can tell you I'm obsessed with skincare, possibly more so than fashion (most likely because I've always had troublesome skin). I'm especially in love with Korean skincare since I first tried it while on exchange in Korea nearly two years ago. While I haven't used a lot of products from the Face Shop before (just a BB cream and eye shadow), now that they're so easily accessible, I'll be shopping there a lot more, and posting reviews on some of the things I try.

So, as my lovely family knows, I'm obsessed with slimming my round jaw. No one in my family seems to have a round face, except for me. My sisters, nope, she has defined cheekbones and a defined jaw. My mom, when she was younger, she had the same face shape as my sister. My dad... has no chin... but his jaw is still significantly slimmer than the widest part of his face.

Now, the problem isn't my actual bone structure.It's the fact that I just store a lot of excess fat on my face – right in between my cheekbones and my jaw. Lovely, right?

While looking for the cure to my fat face, I stumbled upon the Diamond V-Fit Mask by the Korean brand Mask House. I debated for about a month on whether or not to buy it (it has a few good reviews by well known youtube gurus Bubzbeauty and SimplyCuterRachel). My main issue was that you need to use the masks every other day for a month to see long term results. While I have no problem with this, I didn't want to spend $90 on something that may or may not work for me, nor did I want to buy a trial pack, find out it works, and then have to wait a month for more to ship to me.

The Face Shop, Sharp Modelling Gel Patch, slimmer face, slimming patch, skincare, korean skincare, beauty

While talking to one of the sales reps, she directed me to the Sharp Face Modelling Gel Patch – a mask for your chin that's supposed to help slim it down and melt off that fat. The mask uses caffeine, which is known to reduce water retention when used in a cream. The ingredient is also known to help slim you down when taken internally in coffee or tea. Supposedly it retains it's ability to breakdown fat cells in a cream as well, making it a popular choice for anti-cellulite creams.

The Face Shop, Sharp Modelling Gel Patch, slimmer face, slimming patch, skincare, korean skincare, beauty

The patch itself is made of a white gel material, with hard little bumps distributed around it. It sticks naturally to your skin, and has two ear pieces to hold everything in place for the 15-20 minutes you have it on.

I wore the mask for 40 minutes as it's not uncomfortable and I forgot to take it off. The gel feels cool at first, but warmed up slightly after applying it. Again, it was nothing uncomfortable and I didn't experience any irritation with it. I also measured my face before and after application, to see if there was any visible difference.
The Face Shop, Sharp Modelling Gel Patch, slimmer face, slimming patch, skincare, korean skincare, beauty
Scary photo!

Turns out, there was! I lost a centimetre from my face, assuming I measured correctly. Mind you, I couldn't see this difference just by looking in the mirror, so you will need to drag out the measuring tape if you want to know.

The Face Shop, Sharp Modelling Gel Patch, slimmer face, slimming patch, skincare, korean skincare, beauty

You can also do "face yoga" if you wish to amplify the results. The Face Shop instructs you to use your middle two fingers to stretch your jaw from the chin to the ear. You can also push your jaw towards your ears. I paired the gel patch with my regular lymphatic facial massage, and just focused more on the jaw than I normally would.

Pros: 
Reduces one centimetre of bloat from your face immediately (when paired with massage)
Non-irritating
Comfortable to wear

Cons:
 Need to use a massage with it in order to get decent results
Time consuming
Need to use this consistently for long term results
Expensive

The mask is $6 Canadian, so I think if you want a quick fix for a photo shoot or event, it's well worth picking up. The one's by Mask House are $5.90 Canadian if you want to order a single mask. I think I will try these ones next, as they also come with a compression band to increase result, but the Face Shop patch was an effective, cheap way to introduce me to the face slimming mask craze.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics