Thursday, June 27, 2013

After the Rain


It's been really wet here in Calgary. Vancouver level wet. I don't mind, but Calgary really isn't build for all the rain, and my heart goes out to those who were affected by the floods all over Southern Alberta. I remember when I was a kid, I would always be so excited when it rained, because it did so very rarely. Often, we suffered from droughts. However, as time passed and global warming started to kick in, rain has been the predominant weather forecast for June. 

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the sunny breaks we're getting, and rejoicing in bare legs. Yes, I wear skirts all the time, even in our bitter winters (I should probably stop that habit and start dressing for the weather), but it's so nice to not need to wear tights or leggings. And I finally bought a ton of shorts, so I'm excited to drag them out of their bags and try out some new styles. I'm also loving my new leather jacket. I can use it in so many looks, despite how girly my usual wardrobe is. It definitely adds more variety to my closet and I can't wait to get some more. Let's see if I can pull off cool, rather than girly this summer.
(Let's also see if I get any better at this self portrait thing, as my closeups all came out blurry.)


(Top-Korea, Jacket-Danier, Skirt-Forever21, Shoes-Japan, Bag-Korea)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics