Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Hunt

off the shoulder, h&m, summer 2016 trends, booty shorts, fendi monster, summer style, korean style, painted stairs

Do you ever want an item so much you're willing to travel to get it? Since moving to Korea, ordering online can sometimes be a bit of a pain. Certain sites won't accept international credit cards, some sites only online payments through a check card... the list goes on. And let me tell you, Korea does not make online banking easy.

Anyways, thank God for Zara's "Find In Store" function. I don't know what I'd do without it. I originally saw this post on Zara's website, and figured I'd order it and ship it to Canada. It reminded me of the Fendi Monster bags (I want you so much), but at a much lower price point, and without looking too similar. While the Monsters are cute, I don't want to pay that much for a novelty bag. Too bad the Zara version sold out within a few days in Canada. 

Luckily, Zara Korea still had it... but I had no credit card! Seriously, I sent them two emails to see if there was any way I could pay online without one. Gift card? Nope. Bank transfer? Nope.

And so, I decided to go on a hunt.
Zara said there were two locations in Seoul that had the purse in stock. I was going to Seoul to meet a friend anyways, so why not check the location in the area I'd be in. So I went to Seoul, excited to get my hands on this baby. And it was no where to be found at the first location. The second location was on the other side of the city, and I didn't have enough time to go before meeting with my friend. Turns out he was late, and I totally could have gone. So I went back to Gonju disappointed.

Two weeks later, mourning being unable to find the purse and it being sold out online, I decided to go back to Seoul (to shop the Mango sale) and this time check out the second location. After a majorly delayed subway and massive spenditure at Mango, I finally made it to the prophesized Zara. And upon walking in, the purse was hit by a beam of light... Not really, but I saw it right away and made a beeline for it. There were two in stock, and one was slightly... squished. The second one wasn't though! And straight to the counter I went.

Purse: Zara (the most similar to this is actually the Fendi Monster Bags, but I'm loving this graphic coral crossbody, this red shoulder bag, this red fold over purse, this studded version and this printed crossbody)

Follow

off the shoulder, h&m, summer 2016 trends, booty shorts, fendi monster, summer style, korean style, painted stairs

off the shoulder, h&m, summer 2016 trends, booty shorts, fendi monster, summer style, korean style, painted stairs

off the shoulder, h&m, summer 2016 trends, booty shorts, fendi monster, summer style, korean style, painted stairs

off the shoulder, h&m, summer 2016 trends, booty shorts, fendi monster, summer style, korean style, painted stairs

off the shoulder, h&m, summer 2016 trends, booty shorts, fendi monster, summer style, korean style, painted stairs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics